Welcome to the Matilda Joslyn Gage Center for Social Justice Dialogue! We invite you to:
* sit on the furniture
*eat and drink
* take photos
* touch the exhibits
* and write on our walls.
The museum is open for self-guided tours:
Monday: 10am – 2pm (OPEN TODAY 8/22/16 11 – 2)
Tuesday: Call in advance
Wednesday: Call in advance
Thursday: Call in advance
Friday: Call in advance
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Sunday: 2pm – 4pm
See Facebook page for special events
With limited staff, we want to try to accommodate your needs. Please call (315) 637-9511 or fill out the form below if you wish to visit the Gage Center and we will let you know if we are able to meet your request.
Individual Self-Guided Tours:
- Begin with a short film featuring Gloria Steinem, the country’s first woman Lt. Governor Mary Anne Krupsak and descendants of Gage.
- Sit at Matilda’s desk and write her a letter.
- Play with 19th century toys.
- Experience being an enslaved person hiding from slave-catchers in the walls of the house.
- Play the piano and sing abolition and women’s rights songs that Matilda sang.
- Spend time in our Oz reading corner.
- Dress up in period clothing.
- Share your ideas about everything from human trafficking to equal pay for equal work.
Group Docent-led Tours:
Full, docent-led tours for groups of 8 or more must be scheduled in advance, and are dependent upon volunteer docent availability. Please email email@example.com to make arrangements or fill out the form below, they are well worth it!
As we’re developing new exhibits this summer we’re enlisting your ideas and we welcome individuals as our guests without charge.
- Adults: $6
- Students with ID, seniors, and school-age children: $5
- Pre-school children free
High Tea in the Gage Center
* Perfect for a birthday, club meeting or a special event.
* Features our signature scones and lemon curd along with:
- Cheese, Crackers, Breads
- Tea Sandwiches & Mini Entrees
- Black Tea, Green Tea & Herbal Tea
$25/person. Minimum 10 people; maximum 25.
Rent the Gage Center for a Party, Workshop, Retreat, or Special Event
Meetings: $200 1-3 hours, $350 full day.
- Free to groups that join 100% as members.
- Discounted rates are available.
Other Group Events
Birthday coming up for young or old? A special meeting or conference? Out of town guests who would enjoy a tour? We’ve even hosted a wedding reception! Let us work with you on any ideas you have for the use of the Center. Just give us a call and we will make your event happen.
- Talks about Gage off-site
- Living history portrayals of Matilda Joslyn Gage
- Lectures by Gage Foundation Executive Director Dr. Sally Roesch Wagner for nonprofits available through the Public Scholars Program of the New York Council for the Humanities, here
- Fees negotiated on individual basis. For more information, contact the Gage Center at (315) 637-9511 or foundation@MatildaJoslynGage.org
Weather Closing Policy:
- Please note, if the Fayetteville Free Library closes, the Gage Center will also close